The gentle energy of the Rose Quartz has been utilized for centuries. It’s said that Ancient civilizations relied on this crystal in various ways ranging from talismans to beauty enhancers to ward off wrinkles. Today, this pink-hued stone is widely known for its emotional and spiritual healing properties.
Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that this article contains some affiliate links, meaning, at no cost to you, if you click on the link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission. Thank you!
Healing Properties of Rose Quartz
Rose Quartz is a lovely crystal to work with to unlock any barriers that may be blocking your spirit from opening up to the joy of feeling unconditional love and compassion for yourself. When your cup overflows with love, it allows you to share this abundance with others in a trusting and confident manner, contributing to the cycle of reciprocity.
Connecting to this stone’s soft yet uplifting energy can also help with releasing toxic emotions such as jealousy, anger, fear, and anxiety, assisting with the healing process and allowing you to practice forgiveness, kindness, and peace more freely. Plus, when you are in a space of feeling good about yourself, this will open you up to tapping into your super attractor powers and manifesting the life that you want to live! It all starts with love.
Through meditation, the Rose Quartz can be used to balance the heart chakra, which is the energetic source of divine unconditional love in our physical bodies. Below I will be teaching you a meditation that will start you on the path to genuine self-love.
The Chakra System
Before I share with you the self-love meditation, I wanted to provide you with a simple explanation of the chakra system. The human body is a beautiful entity of flowing subtle energy. Throughout our system, we have hundreds of energetic points, known as Chakras. Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means wheel.
These spinning wheels are like energetic vortexes that are connected to specific areas of our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual life force. There are seven major chakras that are located along our spine: 1) Root 2) Sacral 3) Solar Plexus 4) Heart 5) Throat 6) Third Eye 7) Crown. The photo below depicts the location and Sanskrit name of each chakra. As well as, one of its associated functions and glands.
Each one of these chakras corresponds to specific glands and organs of the endocrine system. If one or more of these energetic stations become overactive or under-active, this could create an adverse shift in our well-being. Thankfully, there are various ways of balancing our chakras to help bring this energy back into alignment.
If you would like to learn more about the chakra system, The Chakra Bible is a great resource. This book provides a detailed explanation of our aura system and the primary seven chakras. And it also shares multiple methods on how to activate and balance the chakras through yoga, sound, crystals, and aromatherapy.
The Heart Chakra
The heart chakra, also called Anahata, is the fourth primary chakra. Below outlines the qualities of this energetic point.
Location in the Body:
Center of the Chest (sternum area)
Green. The secondary color is pink
Heart, thymus gland, circulatory system, arms, hands, and lungs
You will have the ability to express unconditional love, kindness, forgiveness, compassion, and acceptance freely towards yourself and others.
Repression of love, jealousy, anger, fear, and anxiety. Emotional instability. Heart issues and circulation problems.
Shopping for your Crystals
Shopping for crystals is such a fun experience. You can purchase them from local shops, crystal shows, and online. When you buy your stones online, make sure you find a company/dealer that you trust to make sure you acquire the highest quality crystals. If you go to a crystal shop or a trade show to buy your stones, take your time to find the ones that resonate with you.
As you are looking through the assortment, some of them will catch your attention immediately. Just go with your intuition. You will be spending a lot of time with your stones, so you will want to feel good about them.
Before you go shopping, get into alignment with your intentions for the stone by stating a gratitude prayer, such as, Thank you, Universe, for connecting me with the crystal(s) that will help me with my healing process, and so it is! Saying a gratitude prayer is especially helpful when ordering stones online. Happy Crystal Shopping!
Before your meditation
We spend so much time going above and beyond helping others, and sometimes, we never take the time to slow down and support ourselves! During this meditation, you will be connecting to the purest divine energy, unconditional love! So give yourself adequate time to go through this healing process, there is no need to rush.
At a minimum, enjoy this meditation once a week. If you need to do this more frequently to grasp its healing energy fully, that’s fine. Each time you dive into this practice, a grand self-awareness will flow to you that will continue to help you open your heart to love, kindness, and compassion towards yourself and others.
- Meditation Space
Take some time to prepare the space that you will be meditating in by putting some items in the area that give you a warm feeling of joy, such as your favorite candles and flowers. Maybe, a beautiful yoga/meditation mat. If scents are important to you, use a diffuser with essential oils that put you in a calm mood.In the Chakra Bible, the oils suggested for the Heart Chakra are Rose, Melissa, and Neroli; however, if those do not work for you, that’s okay, use what does. And remember to always work with high quality 100% essential oils for the best results. Whatever makes you feel happy, safe, and good about yourself, put it in your meditation space.This is what self-love is about doing things for yourself that will elevate your mood and make you feel special. Also, have a notebook close by so you can jot down any insights that come to you after the meditation.
For this meditation, you will need a minimum of three Rose Quartz. Before you use your stones, cleanse and set the intention for the use of the stones.
Here are a couple of ways to cleanse your stones:
1. Place your stones under the light of a full moon for at least four hours.
2. Saturate your crystals with the smoke of sage or Palo Santo.
3. Lay your stones on top of Selenite for at least six hours.
After you have cleansed your stone, set your intention into each stone by expressing gratitude to it for what you will be using it for in your life. Example: Thank you for helping me see myself in a loving and compassionate way.
Self-Love Flow Meditation
As mentioned above, the color green corresponds with the Heart Chakra. Its secondary color is pink. In this meditation, we’re going to tap into the power of these beautiful colors, along with the Rose Quartz, to build an energetic field of love. Let’s get started!
1. In your designated meditation area, lie down on top of a mat or towel on the floor.
2. Place one rose quartz over your heart chakra and one in each hand. Place your arms by the side of your body with your palms facing upward.
3. Once you are comfortable, close your eyes and inhale deeply through your nose and then exhale through your mouth. Continue with this breathing pattern.
4. Think about what you are grateful for in your life right now. What were some of the wonderful emotions that you experienced? Joy? Calmness? Excitement? Tap into those feelings now.
5. As you dive deeper into a space of gratitude, visualize a glowing sphere of green light materializing by the soles of your feet. You can feel its warmth on your skin. This energetic ball is all of the amazing emotions you are feeling right now from expressing gratitude.
6. Now see this green light slowly flowing from your toes to your head. As the light covers your body, any tension you may have is released, relaxing your muscles and transmuting low-vibrating energy, putting you into a state of peace and calmness.
7. Once you are entirely immersed in this soothing energy, place both hands over your heart chakra, combining all three rose quartz. Say out loud the affirmation: Today, my vision is clear. I see myself through the eyes of Divine love and compassion. I am love. I am loved.
8. As you repeat the affirmation, visualize a translucent pink light of love, emanating from your heart chakra. Follow your intuition and repeat the affirmation as long as you need to. If negative thoughts creep into your mind, release the thoughts into the light.
9. Once you are ready, closeout this meditation by visualizing the green light melting into the ground and the pink light pouring into the rose quartz. Open your eyes and say, Thank you! Take out your notebook and write down any insights. (Sometimes after meditation you can gain clarity on situations from the past or present that may be blocking you from loving yourself and others around you.)
10. Place the stones into a satin or silk pouch. Carry the crystals with you during the day, either on your person or in your bag or purse.
To help you stay in this harmonious state, here are a few things that you can do daily:
In the morning, use your stones in shorter meditations (3-5 minutes). Repeat the affirmation used in the Love Flow Meditation.
Use tealight candles during your meditation. Sprinkle little pieces of rose quartz in the tealight. (don’t worry you don’t have to break your stones, you can purchase small bottles of crystal chips).
Drink Rose Quartz infused water.
Before going to sleep, hold your crystals, and repeat the affirmation above.
Sleep with them under your bed or on the nightstand.
Have a beautiful day!
Love & Light ♥